I solve complex problems
My name is Fai and over the years, I have developed a number of different skills from my educational background, work experience and plain curiosity. I am an astute problem solver that comes up with creative and elegant solutions to complex problems. I excel in mathematical modelling and statistical analysis. Combined with my advanced programming proficiency, I can use these skills to help me overcome challenges in the workplace.
Over the years, I've had several hobbies. As a kid, I used to compose music and play three instruments: Arabic Tabla, the Piano and an Arabic instrument called a "Qanoon", very similar to a Zither. However, most notably, I used to perform Close-up and Card magic for more than 15 years and developed a very high skill level in sleight of hand. In fact, I used to perform magic for corporate and charity events. Other than magic, I also used to do Photography. I enjoy playing video games, particularly puzzle and management simulation games.
I am also an avid Supergirl collector. I own one of the largest Supergirl collections in the world, at more than 150 pieces, not including comic books. Some of the pieces I own are one-of-a-kind and unobtainable. I built this collection over the span of more than 10 years.
My current pastime is glassworking. Also known as Lampworking, it is the art of melting glass rods into various art forms. I specialize in Borosilicate Lampworking, which uses a Propane torch to heat up glass rods to more than 1200°C. The glass is then shaped and left to cool in a kiln. I make marbles and pendants out of glass.
Computer proficiency is an important trait in today's world. Over the years, I have worked with numerous different software suites and programming languages, which gives me an edge in the workplace. I am familiar with many different software packages and languages across different disciplines. These are listed below.
Adobe Creative Suite
Bachelor of Arts - Mathematics
Graduated from Queen's University at Kingston, Ontario, Canada in June 2011, my focus was on Calculus and Analysis. Additionally, I took courses on Number Theory, Mathematical Modeling and Operations Research, Statistical Anlaysis, and Graph Theory.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering - Engineering Chemistry
Graduated from Queen's University at Kingston, Ontario, Canada in June 2010, the Engineering Chemistry program is one of the toughest disciplines in Canada. It trains students not only in Chemical Engineering, but also pure Chemistry, allowing graduates to work in either chemical research fields or chemical engineering fields. Thesis was on the development of metrics for predicting the onset of reactions in Temporal QM/MM simulations and was nominated for the Queen's University Sullivan prize for best thesis of the year.
Graduated from Rashid School for Boys in Dubai, with three A-levels in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as well two AS-levels in Arabic and Further Mathematics. Won the Headmaster's Award for graduating students in 2006.
Full-Stack Web Developer - starcraft2coop.com
September 2018 - Current
- Developed the entire site from scratch, using a PHP backend
- Created a one-of-a-kind replay file parser in Python that uses smart event detection
- Designed a the first observer interface for Co-op replay files
- Recorded game analysis and animated guide videos for the site's YouTube channel
Math Tutor - Freelance
April 2018 - September 2018
- Tutored Middle-school and High-school Mathematics in a one-on-one format
- Covered topics from different syllabuses such as GCSE, AS-level, A-level and CBSE
- Caused an average increase in 10% in Math grades for students
Process Engineer - ADNOC
August 2015 - March 2018
- Determined root causes of frequent alarms and implemented changes to reduce them
- Designed new plant controller logic that saved approximated $200,000 in yearly maintenance costs
- Developed PI Processbook with VBA functionality to monitor performance of the plant
- Debugged crashes in the Honeywell Advanced Profit Controller software and server configuration
Laboratory Chemist - ADNOC
December 2011 - August 2015
- Managed a team of 15 staff to ensure safety, quality and adherence to company standards
- Developed documentation and implemented systems to adhere to ISO 17025 standards
- Managed the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) software
- Developed a routine job macro on Microsoft Excel with VBA which saved 25 man-hours per week
If you would like to contact me for any questions or job opportunities, please use the form below.